Q: HOW DO YOU MAKE OVERLAYS?
I use Photoshop and my tablet :)
I also draw on paper and scan it n edit it on my computer
Q: CAN I REQUEST FOR AN OVERLAY?
I often get requests for names, but I can’t do them anymore as not everyone will be able to use them and there are too many name requests *sorry > <*
I may be able to do other requests such as ideas for overlays that can be easily used by others
Q: DO YOU DO SHOUTOUTS-FOR-SHOUTOUTS?
A: unfortunately I don’t. I also sometimes follow people just when I want to
Q: HOW CAN I SAVE YOUR OVERLAYS?
A: You can either do one of the following:
- save the overlays on my tumblr using your phone or ipad or tablet internet browser like you would save any photo ( apple or android or any other OS works)
- save by clicking “download all overlays” on my tumblr page (dropbox) go here:http://shii-overlays.tumblr.com/download
- save by screen capturing (on your phone/tablet)
- save using the app called “Instake” on iPhone or iPad
Q: HOW TO USE OVERLAYS ON MY PHOTO?
A: download picsart app and follow this (This is for apple users. For android users, scroll down bellow) :
NOTE: when using overlays with a white backgound, use “darken” or “multiply” on picsart instead of screen and lighten :)
for android users:
Q: HOW DO I ADD LIGHTLEAKS ?
A: Follow this tutorial: (tutorial is using Picsart on Android) - You can also do this on iDevices (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, etc)
you can get my lightleaks here: http://shii-overlays.tumblr.com/lightleaks
How do I use colored overlays?/Colored overlays show up transparent ?
credit @mauriokart for the tutorial
- download the apps “photo wizard free” <-only available on iTunes :( and “papelook or picsart”
- open up photo wizard
- hit the icon in the upper left corner with the two rectangles
- choose the screencap or a photo of the overlay
- crop the overlay if needed
- hit the “home” icon in the lower left
- hit the “mask” icon in the lower right
- tap the background color and it should go away
- hit the “home” icon again
- hit the “export” button in the upper center and export the “masked” version
- open “papelook”
- choose “new”
- choose “background” in the lower left, then scroll to the bottom and open the picture you’re applying the overlay to from your camera roll
- choose “photo” (it’s bright green) and pick “photo library”
- choose the newly-masked overlay, position wherever
i found out that colored overlays also works for picsart! so android users can use it :) *but the color quality is not the same :(
~works best if the background is lighter so the colors will show up~ just use the “multiply” option rather than “screen” :) ~procedure is the same as regular white overlays!